We are glad you are interested in membership. The New England Ophthalmological Society is a public foundation devoted to continuing education and public education in ophthalmology. We hope to increase the exchange of ideas on scientifically based medical practice in an atmosphere of collegiality and mutual respect. We would like to have the broadest possible representation, and we encourage you to ask your colleagues about the benefits of membership.
Eligibility for membership in NEOS is defined at right, below are the benefits of joining our illustrious, 134-year-young organization!
To download an application form, click here...
If you have any questions or would like an application for membership, please email your request or questions to Judy Cerone Keenan.
Application process -- revised 2013
- Candidates for membership must reside and/or practice ophthalmology in New England.
- Candidates must be Board Certified or Eligible in Ophthalmology by the American Board of Ophthalmology or the Fellows of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada.
- Candidates may apply for membership directly to NEOS via the website or by contacting NEOS. Candidates must provide the name and email of an NEOS active member sponsor and seconder for application to be accepted.Candidates may also be nominated by a NEOS Active member at the Business Meeting of the Society, and another Active member must second the nomination. Application forms will be available for completion at that meeting.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted by the sponsoring and seconding members to the Chair of the Admissions Committee. Please be sure to ask your sponsors to submit letters. May be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates must certify that all information provided on application is true.Any false statements will result in denial of membership.
- When the application is complete, the candidate's name will then be posted on the website for comments from the membership, after which the Admissions Committee will submit recommendations to the Executive Board for approval.
- The candidate's name will be published in the program of a subsequent meeting and be voted upon by the membership present.
- Membership will commence with payment of dues $700 annually.